At present, Internet has turned the world into a global village, where all the trends and fads are followed in different countries and loved by people, no matter what culture they belong to. With online technologies you can appeal not only to the local market, but open up new, often profitable, markets abroad.
To go global, you need to speak the same language with your target audience, that’s why a multilingual website is a must for the companies with such ambitions. However, multilingualism of a website is the feature that should not be taken into consideration in the last place. It should be kept in mind from the very beginning, when you start thinking of what your ideal website is.
Different website engines power multilingualism in different ways. Some e-stores offer string translation tools, when Joomla CMS (Content Management System) offers creating separate website versions for different languages, which is often time-consuming. The best solution in this regard has been found for WordPress CMS and it’s the WPML plugin. Let me say a couple of words about it.
WPML is the most popular multilingual plugin for WordPress that has been out there for as long as 10 years. With WPML, you run a regular WordPress installation, where translations to different languages are displayed as different posts, which are linked through the WPML plugin.
The main advantages of WPML are the following:
- WPML offers 60+ languages to translate your website to. Moreover, you can add your own languages (e.g., Canadian French or Mexican Spanish) when needed.
- WPLM offers simple and convenient translation management. You can turn ordinary WordPress users into independent translators that can access the jobs assigned to them and nothing more. Moreover, you can hire an independent translator right in your WordPress admin panel. Rates are pretty affordable (starting from $0.09 per word).
- WPML takes care of your SEO. Enter metadata for each language separately and improve your position in search results.
- With WPML you can translate all the elements of your website. It lets you work with posts, pages, taxonomies, custom post types, widgets, plugins, custom fields, menus and all the other elements that you may need to translate.
- WPML plugin is not free (prices start from $29), but you can use your license on the unlimited number of websites and domains, which makes WPML a smart investment.
This list is not extensive, but I guess, I gave you the basic understanding of what WPML is. You can learn more about WPML at its official website. If you choose powering multilingual WordPress website with WPML, you choose to work with the most popular website engine in the world, as well as with the most popular translation tool for it. In this, you can trust the choice of global majority.
In this post, I want to share with you top 10 WPML-ready WordPress themes of the year 2017. These templates were crafted by one of the leading companies on the market – TemplateMonster. I trust the level of quality they offer, as they’ve powered over million websites just in 2016. You can check the full collection of their WordPress themes, to see what templates rock this year.
The WordPress themes in this post are 100% WPML-ready, meaning that you can translate every letter of the template with WPML without having to spend your time in search for it. Moreover, the templates will amaze you with their rich functionality. They came with drag-n-drop and live page editors, numerous layout options, multiple plugins to extend the template functionality, with Parallax backgrounds and videos, and with many other useful features.
Are you ready to create a website that deserves international fame? Select one of these feature-rich WPML-ready templates and achieve your well-deserved success with it.
Got exited with these top-notch website designs? Don’t forget to check template’s technical characteristics and features using the Details link. See the theme’s Live Demo to explore the way the template will look like and function right after the installation.
Learn more about working with WPML plugin with this detailed video-tutorial:
Keep in mind that all these themes come with extensive documentation and 24/7 chat and Phone customer support. Whenever you feel puzzled, drop a line and get an in-depth qualified response.
The team behind WPML also provides extensive support for plugin-related issues. They work 6 days a week, 19 hours a day, and provide support in 9 languages.
Feel free to share your thoughts and questions in the Comments section below. Your feedback is much appreciated!
P.S. For those of you, who got this far with me, I want to share an e-book that’s a perfect guide for starting your online business. Take a look to get your free copy.